formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

formus Amis

Les deux voulaient discuter de quelque chose et de laisser tomber

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello you keep you in our forum welcomes you to the new He has a simple request and is working to disseminate and develop and Thanks
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saifi denies slapping Algerian journalist
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 am by joseph95

» Switzerland claim to give up its weapons
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am by joseph95

» Spain and Chile in the first decisive
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 am by joseph95

» Meeting to resolve the forefront of Brazil and Portugal
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 am by joseph95

» Near-impossible task awaiting Côte d'Ivoire
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 am by joseph95

» Anelka signs new deal at Chelsea
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 am by joseph95

» El Maestro awakens South America's sleeping giant
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 am by joseph95

» Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

» Bendtner doubtful for Japan clash
Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi Empty
PostSubject: Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi   Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:20 am

Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi 201062112312_main

Italy coach Marcello Lippi cut a defiant figure despite the reigning world champions enduring an underwhelming start to their World Cup campaign on Monday.
Having drawn their opening two Group F matches - the second embarrassingly against rank outsiders New Zealand on Sunday - Italy are, just like fellow giants France, England, Germany and Spain, in very real danger of facing the ignominy of a group stage elimination.
Lippi, though, adopted an attitude that all was going along perfectly well.
"There's no crisis right here, there's no crisis in the team and there's no need for a crisis", he replied.
Lippi was despite the two draws still clinging to perceived positives from a start that ranks as bad as England's and only surpassed for ineptitude by France's.
"I don't want to talk about the problems of the team, the problems are on the pitch", he snapped.
"I talk about problems with the team, not with you (the press). We're struggling to create goalscoring chances, these are the problems".
"But New Zealand only had two shots on goal and that's positive. Having taken the lead after only five minutes they brought everyone back".
"Paraguay, who are a very good team, only got near our goal twice, that's not so negative".
"We've played two matches but there weren't only negatives, there were also some positives".
Before Monday training, Lippi had taken his team out onto the practice pitch at Southdowns College here and given what looked from afar like a dressing down.
Significantly, Lippi had taken his players to the far side of the pitch from the watching press and even got them to sit down behind an advertising hoarding, out of sight.
"That was the second time I'd spoken with them, the first time was last night", he said.
"It was right to have this talk, it was right to take responsibility. From one point of view we've had two negative matches, but from another point of view, they weren't so bad", he insisted again.
However, there was a touch of paranoia when he added "We mustn't fall into the traps from outside, there's one at every step and even in the dressing room many walls have ears".
But there was a word of warning to his players as well. "I read this morning some quotes from (England coach Fabio) Capello that his players are afraid of the World Cup. Well I don't want that to happen to us", he said.
"We haven't done what we're capable of but we can still kick-start our World Cup, anything can still happen".
However, he did admit that the team's failure to perform, or rather to get results, has got to them.
"There's a feeling of disappointment, when a team plays with heart and desire, if you don't get a result your disappointment is relative to the amount of effort you put into it".
Italy have one match left to save the defence of the title they won in Germany four years ago as they tackle Slovakia in Johannesburg on Thursday.
Italy need to win to be sure of progressing, although they could also advance with a draw whereas Slovakia must win or they are out.
Back to top Go down
http://amis.starac8.net

Crisis, what crisis? says Lippi
Page 1 of 1