formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

formus Amis

Les deux voulaient discuter de quelque chose et de laisser tomber

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello you keep you in our forum welcomes you to the new He has a simple request and is working to disseminate and develop and Thanks
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saifi denies slapping Algerian journalist
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 am by joseph95

» Switzerland claim to give up its weapons
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am by joseph95

» Spain and Chile in the first decisive
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 am by joseph95

» Meeting to resolve the forefront of Brazil and Portugal
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 am by joseph95

» Near-impossible task awaiting Côte d'Ivoire
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 am by joseph95

» Anelka signs new deal at Chelsea
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 am by joseph95

» El Maestro awakens South America's sleeping giant
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 am by joseph95

» Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

» Bendtner doubtful for Japan clash
Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Van Marwijk: We can do better

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Van Marwijk: We can do better Empty
PostSubject: Van Marwijk: We can do better   Van Marwijk: We can do better I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:54 am

Van Marwijk: We can do better 1250664_FULL-LND

The first stage of Bert van Marwijk's FIFA World Cup™️ mission is complete, Saturday's 1-0 victory over Japan in Durban have taken the Netherlands through to the last 16. But Van Marwijk's side still have to negotiate their final group game with Cameroon, who will be looking to end their tournament on a high after defeat by Denmark left their FIFA World Cup dream in tatters. Despite taking a maximum six points from six so far, the Netherlands coach tells FIFA that that there is still room for improvement in his side, and he will be looking to see evidence of that in the final group game.
FIFA: Bert, you have won both of your games so far. As a coach, could you wish for anything more?
Van Marwijk:
It is always nice to win twice in a row, and we've already managed to get through the group phase. You always hope that it is going to happen, yet it is not as easy as it sounds. So, if you achieve that, you can be quite satisfied.
Do you think there is still room for the team to grow during the tournament?
Yes, I think so. We can do better. For example, in the qualifying matches against Mexico, Ghana and Hungary, we played a much more attractive match, and we scored a lot more often. But you can see that at the World Cup it is a lot harder. Everyone wants to score once or twice within the first five or ten minutes, but it is not that easy. The opposition is always very well organised. In general, they play very defensively against us, so there is less space in the opponent's half of the field.

You have a very experienced player as your captain, Giovanni van Bronckhorst. How good is that for you as a coach?
I've known Giovanni for a long time. I also worked with him at Feyenoord for a year, and he is a really good captain, but in his own way. He is not someone who bosses people around and yells. He is a very quiet guy who has the respect of all the players, and that is very important.
You have Giovanni in defence, Maarten Stekelenburg in goal, and Wesley Sneijder and Robin van Persie in the centre. How important is it to have such a strong spine in the team?
That is always important, but it is just as important to have a strong team, a team that knows what it is about and does not necessarily have to be each other's friends. They have to respect each other's qualities. They need to be able to tell each other the truth. Those are usually the teams that are able to bounce back when it really matters, and I think that we are able to do that.
You still have to play Cameroon in Group E, but do you already have an eye on the Round of 16?
I haven't done that yet, because the first match was the most important; and after that the second one. However, since we already have a place in the next phase, of course, you now look out for that. Nevertheless, I do take the match against Cameroon very seriously because it is in that match that the team has to show that they have learned. We want to improve in every match.
So there is no reason to bring in different players for that match.
I take into account the fitness of the players. I might have to think about the situation with the cards, however, you shouldn't expect me to suddenly line up a completely different team.
Back to top Go down
http://amis.starac8.net

Van Marwijk: We can do better
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
formus Amis :: football-
Jump to: