formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Welcome to our easy and if you are not registered We have the honor to invite you to register just click on the register button, and if you are a member are welcome, enjoy your your board persuaded the Login button
formus Amis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

formus Amis

Les deux voulaient discuter de quelque chose et de laisser tomber

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello you keep you in our forum welcomes you to the new He has a simple request and is working to disseminate and develop and Thanks
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Saifi denies slapping Algerian journalist
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 am by joseph95

» Switzerland claim to give up its weapons
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am by joseph95

» Spain and Chile in the first decisive
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:23 am by joseph95

» Meeting to resolve the forefront of Brazil and Portugal
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 am by joseph95

» Near-impossible task awaiting Côte d'Ivoire
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 am by joseph95

» Anelka signs new deal at Chelsea
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 am by joseph95

» El Maestro awakens South America's sleeping giant
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 am by joseph95

» Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

» Bendtner doubtful for Japan clash
Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am by joseph95

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joseph95

Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash Empty
PostSubject: Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash   Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:02 am

Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash 20106232062_main

Italy coach Marcello Lippi admitted on Wednesday that playmaker Andrea Pirlo is still not fit enough to start the reigning champions' crucial final World Cup Group F clash against Slovakia.
Pirlo missed Italy's first two group games - both dismal 1-1 draws against Paraguay and New Zealand - due to a calf injury and the Azzurri were hoping he would be ready for their final group match.
But Lippi dashed those hopes ahead of Thursday's game at Ellis Park here.
"Pirlo can't start but he will be on the bench", said the 2006 World Cup winning coach.
This is a match the champions must win to be sure of going through to the last 16, although a draw would also be enough if Paraguay do them a favour against New Zealand.
Italy's main problem so far this tournament has been breaking down their opponents and creating chances and Pirlo's ingenuity is seen as vital towards providing the champions with the key to unlocking stubborn defences.
Lippi said that it is up front where he needs a marked improvement, although he is also wary of Slovakia's attacking prowess.
"We expect them to play like they did in their last two games, that's the way they play", he said.
"They have fast and capable strikers who change positions, we saw this in their games.
"I don't think they're looking for a (new) way of playing, they can only get one result if they want to stay in the competition (a win). We'll try to do better up front than we have done up until now. We need to do like we have done in defence, whilst doing a bit better defending crosses. Defence and midfield have been good but up front we need to improve".
Italy have come in for a lot of criticism recently, particularly as they have yet to win a game in this calendar year.
But veteran captain Fabio Cannavaro insists the champions are still seen as a team to avoid.
"It's difficult, the World Cup brings together the best teams in the world, we're coming into it off the back of difficult (club) seasons", he said.
"It's difficult to relax and play well. Everyone says we're old, we don't know how to play and all we do is defend, but no-one wants to face us".
For a team standing on the brink of elimination both Lippi and Cannavaro seemed remarkably relaxed and almost nonchalant about their chances of progression.
"It would be a real shame to go home after just three games", was the extent of Cannavaro's passion while Lippi simply repeated numerous times that they wanted to win and go forward.
Back to top Go down

Pirlo not fit to start Italy's crucial clash
Page 1 of 1